Friday, May 21, 2010

Paris...really I am here!

Star date 2010.5.20


When I think of travel just a few years back on those steamer ships I am in awe as I look at the screen in the seat in front of me. It is truly a marvel and we are so fortunate in this day and age to be able to explore distant lands in a matter of hours.

The little screen shows me a global positioning map of where we are flying this very minute and as we pass over Iceland, I can’t help but wonder about that volcano and how it is feeling today. The screen slowly rotates through French and English versions of air speed…548 miles per hour, Altitude…38000 feet, outside temperature -58 degrees….brrr. No wonder I am cold. It also tells me how much longer we have before landing and what time it is in Paris.

So far, I have eaten a nice Kosher dinner of Oriental Chicken and rice, had a glass of French white wine and savored a pack of peanut M&M’s for dessert. Normally after about 4 hours I have had enough when I am on a jet but since I knew it was an almost 10 hour flight from Seattle I have entertained myself a lot. Read some of my book, watched 2 movies and one Sex in the City episode. Time to stand up and walk around . Only 2 ½ hours and we will be over the ocean and in Paris. Can’t wait to get over this jet lag and start my vacation with Steven and the rest of our friends.

Update: I am in Paris! Going to take a nappy pooh now. Just letting you all know I am here and safe staying with my friends Jose and Dominique near the Pantheon Church.

No comments: